The Clay Family Society is for anyone with a heritage of, or interest in, the surname Clay, including all spellings. Clay lines, from New England to South Carolina to England to Germany, are welcome. There is no requirement for a particular lineage, but we do ask that members provide their "best guess" based on their own research. At present we boast more than ten "top of line" ancestors, from the northeast, southeast, mid-Atlantic, and England.
We have a Gathering every second year (even years) when the members can get together to meet each other, perhaps find kin, and learn more about the various families, as well as the culture and history of America.
We would like you to consider joining. A benefit is that members also have access to the society database, where members family lines, as well as others, are laid out. By no means do we have "everyone" but we are certainly working on it, and would like you to join us in this effort. We are beginning to work more with Genetic Genealogy and are beginning to break down some of the walls!
We also have a newsletter, Pieces of Clay, that discusses various aspects of the Clay genealogies, histories, and some basic genealogical techniques. See the Pieces of Clay tab for examples. In the Potsherds tab you will also find some interesting histories compiled by members. The "Members Only" site will have many more of these.
Please Join us NOW!
There are two memberships available. The Individual Membership is for one person in one household. Dues for an individual membership are $15 per year. The Family Membership allows two members who live in the same household. Dues are $18 per year. Each member is allowed one vote on Society business. The dues run from January through December. NEW memberships after 15 November will carry over to the next calendar year.
You may complete the forms by hand, or by computer, mail with a check, or use PayPal. It's UP TO YOU.
TO COMPLETE THE FORMS BY HAND
- Click on "Membership Form" to open it up, print it out and complete by hand (printed, please). The form may be also filled out on your computer(see instructions below) and printed out.
- Be sure you indicate your payment type, including payment information, and the date.
- Then send via the US Postal Service to the address on the form, including a check unless you are using PayPal.
TO COMPLETE YOUR FORMS ON THE COMPUTER
NOTE: These are computer fillable Adobe PDF forms. If you do not have the Adobe Reader for viewing, filling, and printing these files, you can download a FREE Reader, especially for your operating system, from the Adobe website: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ This will allow you to type into as well as read PDF files.
- FIRST! Open the form and save it to your computer, saving as "YourNameCFSMmbrGen2019.pdf" . Close the form.
- Open the form again, use your mouse to click in the first box, and complete by clicking the check mark boxes and typing in other boxes.
- Then RESAVE and send as an attachment to Treasurer@ClayFamilySociety.org and Lineages@ClayFamilySociety.org .
- OR print it out and send it with your check to the address on the form.
- Be sure you indicate your payment type, including the check number or PayPal designation, and the date.
After you have completed and emailed the form, you may pay your dues electronically with PayPal/Credit Card or send check to address shown on Membership Form.
We are using PayPal for those who wish to pay by credit or direct bank withdrawal. You do not have to be a member of PayPal to use a Credit Card, however you do have to be a member to use direct bank withdrawal.
On the Membership form just check "PayPal" in the payment information, with the amount of the payment and date. Be sure to use the same email address for PayPal as you do on the Membership Form.
If you have no changes to your Genealogy, just complete the first page of the Membership Form. If you have changes to your genealogy, please also complete the Genealogy Form, noting the changes. Then, send with a check or pay electronically as above.